Being 6 months pregnant with a toddler, I’m always looking for quick & easy snack & meal ideas. My go-to for years now have been salad rolls with peanut dipping sauce. I love that it lasts for a week, unless you mind having brown avocado.. in that case you can always omit avocado for another fresh veggie or fruit. Other than chopping all the vegetables & rolling it, it’s really is quite easy & you end up with days of a healthy quick lunch.
Veggie Salad Rolls
- Rice paper wrappers
- 1 large carrot (peeled & julienne)
- vermicelli noodles
- half of an english cucumber (peel if you prefer but I just leave it on & julienne)
- Any kind of pepper (I like to use orange because it’s sweeter, julienne)
- Handful of Cilantro (but I don’t love cilantro so I just use a deli blend of Alfalfa, lentil & radish sprouts)
- Green onion (optional, I like it for more flavour)
- OPTIONAL: Shrimp (I normally add shrimp but this weekend I just had veggies)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoon of warm water
- crushed peanuts for garnish
1.) Wash, peel & julienne vegetables
2.) Prepare the peanut sauce, warm up peanut butter in microwave for (20 seconds until soften) & whisk everything in a bowl except water. Slowly add water in the end until you reach the desire texture.
3.) Boil water in a pot for vermicelli noodles. Cook vermicelli noodles as directed on package.
3.) Prepare the rice paper as directed from the package. Usually by pouring warm water in a wide & deep bowl & soak each rice paper quickly & put onto a flat surface to get ready for filling with vegetables.
4.) Fill the rice paper with vermicelli noodles first, then all the vegetables.
5.) Roll everything tightly, you can start by folding the bottom tightly, then each sides then rolling the rest close. After you finish each sides it should look like an “envelope” then firmly finish rolling tightly.
* Wrapping veggie rolls individually in plastic wrap will prevent the rolls sticking together.